Baptist Children's Homes of NC Food Round Up
We will be collecting food for the Baptist Children's Homes of NC. A container will be outside the church office and in the Christian Life Center for your contributions. Click here for a list of items needed. Last date to bring items is April 25. Thank you for your support.
Several of our members belong to a group called "Fishers of Men" which goes annually to Honduras to provide witness in word and deed to the Honduran people. They also hold Vacation Bible School, Bible studies and other activities that share with the people of Honduras the love of Jesus Christ.
Our youth also take part in a week long mission trip each summer.
Baptist Men of First Baptist Church
The Baptist Men of First Baptist Church, Mount Olive, is a missions oriented group providing hands-on mission experiences for the men and boys of the church. Group members participate in mission projects coordinated by the North Carolina Baptist Men as well as local mission projects.
Mission projects undertaken by the Baptist Men include:
- assistance in building new churches;
- renovation of an old building for a Hispanic Mission;
- disaster relief work in the Carolinas and Honduras;
- construction of a storage building and RA Hut on the church grounds;
- participation in repair work at Fort Caswell.
Special church projects carried out by the Baptist Men include:
- repairing bicycles for Christmas gifts to the underprivileged;
- leading the Sunday morning worship service on Baptist Men's Day
- a New Year's Eve dinner and celebration at the church;
- a father and son outing;
- a Baptist Men's fishing trip;
- a church picnic and softball game.
- Building handicap ramps and working with Habitat for Humanity
Meetings of the Baptist Men
1st Sunday of each month at 7:30 a.m. for breakfast and business meeting in the Fellowship Hall.
Women on Mission
Our women's mission groups challenge church members to understand and to be involved in the mission of God. This challenge is met by three basic objectives:
- Through missions education, members learn and study the needs of our world and how missionaries and lay people are meeting these needs.
- During regularly scheduled meetings, training programs and resources are offered to equip members in helping and teaching others.
- Through hands-on mission opportunities, members are encouraged to serve others in the name of Jesus Christ.
Women on Mission groups and members are being used by God to transform the lives of people in our community, across the nation, and around the world. Join one of our groups and be a part of praying, giving, learning, and doing missions.
Women on Mission Groups
(Groups for Women 18 years old and above)
Marjorie Garris Mission Group - 1st Tuesday at 8:45 a.m.
Mission Action Group - last Thursday at 7:00 p.m.
Bible Study Group - 2nd Thursday at 10:00 a.m. at Southern Belle Restaurant
Area Churches in Action
The purpose of Mount Olive Area Churches in Action (ACIA) is to promote the cooperative efforts of area churches in the ministry areas of crisis, education and fellowship. Its standing committees include the Food Pantry, Thrift Store, CROP (plans the annual CROP walk fundraiser for local and world hunger), and special projects
Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity of Mount Olive has built five new homes in Mount Olive over the past three years! First Baptist Church is a major partner of Habitat.
Spoken Word Ministries
Located in Mount Olive, Spoken Word Ministries is a ministry for the blind. Spokern Word sends tape recordings of scripture and teaching all over the world. One of our Women on Mission groups helps each month to assemble the monthly newsletter for mailing.
Annually "Operation Inasmuch" is held at First Baptist Church annually. It has been named "Operation Inasmuch" because of Jesus' words in Matthew 25:40: "Inasmuch as you have done it to the least of these my brothers and sisters, you have done it unto me". It is a one day blitz where the people of First Baptist do "hands on" missions in the Mount Olive community.